Canesten Thrush Combi Pessary & External Cream is a complete treatment for vaginal thrush because it treats both the internal cause and external symptoms.
Only use this product if you have been previously diagnosed by your doctor as having vaginal thrush.
The active substance in Canesten Thrush Combi is clotrimazole. Clotrimazole is an antifungal agent which fights the cause of infections such as vaginal thrush.
- 1 pessary with applicator to treat the cause of vaginal thrush
- 1 tube of soothing double strength cream for relief of external itching and soreness
Directions for use:
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Ages 16 to 60:
Wash your hands before and after using the pessary and cream. Insert the pessary into the vagina preferably at night using the applicator provided and apply the cream thinly to the affected area 2 to 3 times a day.
If no improvement is seen after 7 days consult your doctor.
FOR USE IN AND AROUND THE VAGINA ONLY
Do not use to treat nail or scalp infections.
Do not use the pessary or cream, and see your doctor as soon as possible if:
- This is the first time you have had symptoms of thrush
- You are pregnant or trying to become pregnant
- You have had more than two episodes of vaginal thrush in the last 6 months
- You or your partner has previously had a sexually transmitted disease
Or you have any of the following symptoms:
- Irregular or abnormal vaginal bleeding or a blood-stained discharge
- Ulcers, blisters or sores of the vagina or vulva
- A foul smelling discharge from the vagina
- Redness, irritation or swelling associated with treatment
- Lower abdominal pain
- Pain or dificulty in passing urine
- Fever or chills
- Feeling sick or vomiting
Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
The pessary contains:
Active Ingredient: Clotrimazole 500mg.